- Additional Information
- Customer Reviews
Calcium is the essential mineral for the development and maintenance of strong bones and teeth in animals, it also helps muscles, nerves, heart and other body systems work properly. Calcium can not be made by the body itself and it has to come from diets (foods or supplements). When calcium intake from diets is not enough, the body will undergo resorption process to use the stored calcium in its bone to function those essential biological functions, and this may lead to problems such as weak bones and impact the animal’s ability to work, run or sit comfortably.
Good quality and adequate amount of calcium intake is important for both adult and young animals, particularly for pets on home-made diets or raw diets, growing kittens, old pets, pregnant or lactating animals, and pets with health conditions impacting calcium absorption and/or metabolism (You must discuss with your veterinarian for the conditions and treatment options in this situation).
Additionally, animals require other nutrients to assist calcium to be absorbed and used properly in the body, these include magnesium, phosphorous and vitamin D. Vetnex Seaweed Calcium with Vitamin D Chew (Salmon) for cats 100g/100 chews is a premium quality calcium and vitamin D supplement which can be used to help build and maintain strong and healthy bones in cats. The product is scientifically formulated containing a unique, highly bioavailable, plant-based, natural calcium sourced from calcareous marine algae (Lithothamnium sp.) available in the pristine waters of the North Atlantic Ocean, with additional vitamin D3 to help calcium absorption. The product is a tasty chew with salmon flavour which can be given as a daily treat, offering a natural solution for to obtain sufficient amounts of calcium and vitamin D for the bone health of your cat.
- Premium quality calcium and vitamin D supplement which helps to build and maintain strong and healthy bones.
- Ideal for pets on home-made diets or raw diets, kittens when they require extra calcium and mineral intakes to help their growth and development, or old cats as they may start to lose bone.
- Contains organic seaweed (Lithothamnium sp.) sustainably sourced from North Atlantic seabed.
- Contains high level of highly bioavailable, plant-based, natural calcium.
- Scientifically formulated with additional vitamin D3 to increase calcium absorption.
- Gentle care – Natural formula with added vitamin D. No artificial flavours, colouring or preservatives.
- Tasty chew - with natural salmon flavour. Great choice for picky pets which are not into powder form products.
- Easy to use – simply given as a treat. Ideal for busy owners who only have limited time.
- Made in Australia.
Natural calcium (from seaweed Lithothamnium sp.) 30 mg/chew, Vitamin D3 (colecalciferol) 5 IU/chew, Wheat flour, Salmon meal, Starch, Acacia gum, Sunflower oil, Humectant, Sweetener, Salt & Natural preservatives.
No added eggs, milk, lactose, soy, nuts, artificial flavours, colouring or preservatives.
Dosage: Give appropriate number of chews daily (as below), or as directed by veterinarian:
|Adult cats (maintenance)
|1 chew/ every 5kg body weight, per day
|1 - 2 chews/every 5kg body weight, per day
|Pregnant & lactating cats
|Consult your veterinarian for accurate dosage
Storage: Store below 30oC (room temperature), in a cool & dry place.
- Use only as directed.
- Do not give more than the recommended dose without advice from your veterinarian.
- Discontinue use and consult your veterinarian If any irritation occurs.
- Consult your veterinarian for dosing instructions if used in other animals.
- Do not use if tamper-evident cap seal is broken.